Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goodbye London, Hello Norwich


  Wendy don't despair, keep the long posts coming I love them and you! I miss everyone too but I'm not really the type to get homesick as much as the occasional person or moment sick (I have also managed to avoid the illness going around our group). I am going to try and fit my last 2 weeks of London into this post since I am leaving tomorrow for Norwich and so hopefully starting all new adventures (until i have to return here for 10 days of spring break). I love London but I am afraid I'm ready to go, everyone smokes everywhere here and drives very fast (the cyclists are the worst), I also am done living in a hotel and ready to have my own space (no matter how lovely my room and roommates are).
We have been moving almost constantly since we arrived here which is exciting but very tiring as well. This time spent here in London has mostly revolved around: 1. Tours (walking, double decker bus, and even boat) of different parts of the city, museums and important buildings and landmarks, and even Harry Potter. 
2. Food! There is such a variety of types here in the city that reflects the diversity of culture and citizens here as well. I have had everything from a full English breakfast to paella to sandwiches to sushi and still so many other options remain. 
3. Plays have been almost constant, I have seen 5 (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Billy Elliot, Midsummers Night Dream (in the Globe!!), Private Lives, and The Pride) in the last 2 weeks as well as 2 movies (The Way Way Back and What Maisie Knew, phenomenal go see if you can, not counting the movies I watched in my computer) and I still wish I could go see more.
(this is my new best friend btw, nbd)

 London hasn't been all fun and games, we have assignments every day, but for the most part it is just that, a lot of fun. I have seen Egyptian tombs and African modern art, illegitimately Aaron married on the London Eye, went to church twice in the 2 most famous churches in England, danced to a bagpipe cover band and the Beatles in concert, drank a lot legally, stalked Sherlock Holmes and saw real life famous people, was hit on by british people (too much), partied at a few gay bars and clubs consecutively, joined firefighters in laughing at the mayor during a city hall meeting, explored a torture chamber in the Tower of London, saw old friends, was saddened by a library of jailed books, had long discussions on feminism and racism and rape culture (so nothing new there), missed 2 jewish holidays in this christian country, bought more than i should for myself and family holiday gifts, finally went to Diagon Alley (i am a wizard), skyping what feels like the world, teaching my roommate to steal and executing other debauchery, and having tea time with a Tony award winning Lighting Designer from the West End and Dickinson College  (im hoping to work with him if I can). So yea overall I am not sure UEA is ready for the ball of procrastination that I am bringing to campus, guess I just have to join lots of clubs and buy a cat =)
             
                           
                                                        (this is diagon alley btw, be jealous you muggles, Hogwarts here I come)

<3 love you guys!
(Sorry I suck at formatting, blogs are what I have Martin for)

No comments:

Post a Comment