Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Survived and Miss You All!


Hey everyone!
   I've wanted to post for a while now but this is the first free moment I have found all summer. I liked all of your posts though, I wish I was off with you instead of working all summer. I have one week left to relax and then I am in packing mode for the next week until my plane takes me to London. I am happy to be done with these crazy camp adventures and all of the bees (I am currently on steroids and antihistamines for a wasp sting I got on the last day of camp, it was somehow in my pants in a building). The children are awesome for the most part though and I feel bad because they think I'll be back but I really can't do it again next year, it's time for me to try new things. Instead I am going to work at one of two camps that are actually interested in having me or maybe get a real person job or internship. Because here's the thing, I love the kids. The good, the bad, the troublemakers and leaders alike. I go to camp for the kids every year. Even ones that I don't like at first all grow on me eventually, I have come back every summer of the past 3 years because the children needed and wanted me to. So now, unless camp does a one eighty, I plan on closing this chapter of my life and moving on to other jobs. I already have 2 positive responses from camps located in Carlisle and I plan on expanding my search for internship opportunities as well, despite the fact that I'll be searching from England. I am sooooo excited to be leaving for England in a week and a half! Im hoping to see and do as much as possible while I'm there, I'm trying to start fresh though, new year and open minded me, so I have spent the remainder of my teenage years (20 in 10 days!) with a lot of sudden unplanned choices that I can justify away with my age. Thus I am leaving with a new hair cut and color, 3 new piercings, and a fresh brain. I'm still working out fitting my life into 2 suitcases and a backpack. Also I will be visiting Dickinson if any of you are in the area at the time. I also hope I can see and hear all about your experiences this upcoming year as well :) I miss you guys! Write more posts <3

(Also how do we add more contributors? I want to add Breigh, Chris, and Alejandro, plus anyone you guys feel we left out!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment